- 2 lb fish fillets, cubed (get whatever’s freshest—shrimp or bay scallops work too)
- 10 limes
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1 habanero chile or jalapeño
- 1 small red onion, sliced paper-thin
- Salt and black pepper
- 16 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Hot sauce
- Cube fish and place in a nonreactive dish.
- Juice limes into a food processor. Squeeze them well, but avoid the membrane, which can cause bitterness. Add garlic and cilantro. Seed hot pepper, remove white ribs, and whack it into a few pieces; throw it into the processor. Pulse until garlic cloves and pepper are finely minced. Pour this mixture over fish. Slice onion and add it to fish.
- Refrigerate and let fish marinate overnight. Stir once or twice.
- Next day, drain off most of the lime juice, leaving enough to keep fish moist. Salt and pepper to taste.
NUTRITION: 221 calories; 9 g fat; 23 g protein; 17 g carbohydrate; 3 g dietary fiber; 14 g net carbs per serving.
Looking for a rapid-fat loss solution? The 21-Day Shred, your blueprint to building a rock solid, shredded body is back and better than ever. Get the full plan on your iPhone and iPad devices or download your PDF copy.
- 21 Things to Add to Your Home GymBuilding a home gym? Pick from these 21 products.
- Fight the Test of TimeEat these anti-aging superfoods to turn back the clock.
- 6 Substitutions That Will Clean Up Your Grocery ListClean substitutions to make at the market.
- 13 Grooming Essentials for MenPower products to improve your skin.