6 oz trimmed top round steak, cut into strips
1 tsp salt-free Mexican seasoning
Salt to taste
Olive oil spray
1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, sliced
1⁄2 cup poblano pepper, sliced*
1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
1⁄4 cup red enchilada sauce
2 corn tortillas
2 tbsp fat-free greek yogurt
1 tbsp Fresno chilies, finely chopped, or to taste**
Fresh cilantro leaves to taste
*IT’S LIKELY YOU’LL FIND POBLANOS IN YOUR GROCERY STORE. THEY ARE A VERY DARK GREEN PEPPER ABOUT THE SIZE OF A BELL PEPPER AND PRETTY MILD. IF YOU CAN’T FIND THEM, SWAP IN GREEN BELL PEPPERS INSTEAD.
**FRESNO CHILIES LOOK LIKE JALAPEÑOS BUT ARE BRIGHT RED. THEY’RE MORE MILD THAN JALAPEÑOS. YOU CAN USE ANY SPICY PEPPER YOU LIKE. SEED THEM IF YOU WANT THE DISH TO BE EVEN MORE MILD; DON’T IF YOU LIKE THE EXTRA KICK.
1) Toss steak in seasoning and salt. Heat large nonstick stir-fry pan or wok over medium-high heat until hot.
2) Spray pan then add onions, yellow and poblano peppers, and garlic. Cook until veggies are crisp-tender. Push to edges of pan. Re-spray center of pan and add steak in single layer. Cook until meat is lightly browned on outside and pink inside, about 1 minute per side. Push veggies back to center. Spoon sauce over the steak and veggies and toss.
3) Warm tortillas and place on dinner plate. Top tortillas with stir-fry to make fajitas. Spoon on yogurt, then sprinkle chilies and cilantro over top. Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition: 282 calories, 45g protein, 45g carbs, 9g fat
Goal: Fat loss
3⁄4 cup white rice
Olive oil spray
1⁄2 cup snap peas, trimmed*
1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced into 1⁄4-inch-thick rounds
Garlic powder to taste
6 oz large (16–20 count), peeled raw shrimp
1⁄2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
3 tbsp hot wing sauce, divided
*TRIM PEAS BY BREAKING OFF THE TIP AND PULLING OUT THE STRING THAT RUNS THE LENGTH OF THE POD.
1) Cook rice according to package instructions.
2) Heat large nonstick stir-fry pan or wok over medium-high heat until hot. Spray pan,then add peas and carrots. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Cook until peas are bright green and warmed. Push to edges of pan. re-spray center of pan and add shrimp in single layer. Cook until bright pink, about 1–2 minutes per side. add tomatoes. Push peas and carrots back to center, mixing them with shrimp and tomatoes. Spoon 2 tbsp hot wing sauce over the shrimp and veggies and toss. Spread cooked rice evenly over bottom of salad bowl or over dinner plate. Carefully mound the stir-fry on top. Drizzle remaining tbsp of hot wing sauce over top. enjoy immediately.
Nutrition: 541 calories, 43g protein, 63g carbs, 12g fat
GOAL: Muscle gain