Peanut butter powder is a must-have for any muscle-building kitchen. You can add it to smoothies, oatmeal, or in bars to get a boost of protein.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 45 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
½ cup peanut butter powder (I like PB2) or peanut flour
½ cup vanilla protein powder
2 tablespoons coconut flour
¼ cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional, improves texture)
1 teaspoon baking powder
Sprinkle of salt
¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together.
3. Slowly whisk in milk until you reach a thick pancake-like or brownie mix batter consistency. If your mix looks too runny, wait a few minutes, as coconut flour will slowly thicken. If it does not, add more coconut flour, 1 tablespoon at a time until you see a pretty thick batter. If it’s too thick, add a few tablespoons of milk and whisk to desired consistency
4. Pour into an 8×8 silicone pan (or line a pan with parchment paper) and bake for 25 minutes or until top is set and edges start to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
5. Slice into 16 squares and devour!
Nutrition Information (per bar)
Calories: 35; Total Fat: 1 gram; Protein: 4 grams: Carbohydrates: 5 grams; Fiber: 1 gram
Recipe and photo by Jamila Lepore MS, RD, CPT of No Nonsense Nutritionist.
20 New Healthy Snacks Under 200 Calories>>>