- 1 lb. fresh tuna, boneless and skinless
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 small jalapeno chile, seeded and minced or 1/4 tsp. dried red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
Prepare barbecue grill to medium-high. Cut tuna into 16 equally-sized cubes and place them in a bowl. Add canola oil and toss fish to coat. Add ginger, jalapeno or red pepper flakes, salt, pepper to taste and lime juice. Toss and mix well. Cover and refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes. Divide tuna cubes evenly among 4 skewers. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes, turning frequently, using tongs. Fish is done when it is just cooked through and no longer pink on inside. Serve immediately, with fruit or salsa. Makes 4 servings. Per serving: 134 calories, 2 g. total fat (<1 g. saturated fat), 0 g. carbohydrate, 27 g. protein, 0 g. dietary fiber, 187 mg. sodium. Adapted from the American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR's) The New American Plate Cookbook.