Salmon is like the goody-two-shoes of the fish world. No one ever shuts up about how stinking (no pun intended) great it is, so you really, really want to hate it.
But the thing is, it has its high-and-mighty rep for a reason: Its lean protein, its dose of healthy fats, the Vitamin D and B12 content…we could go on and on. So you might as well embrace it. And while you’re at it, you should probably learn how to cook it too.
For that very reason, Men’s Fitness once again turned to Westside Market NYC’s Maria Zoitas (she of Brazilian Chicken Recipe fame), who sent us this easy recipe Homemade Baked Salmon with Sauteed Spinach. Roll up your sleeves, light a pleasant smelling candle…and get to work.
- 4 8-oz. skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 9-oz. bag baby spinach, rinsed but not dried
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Place salmon in ovenproof baking dish. Season well with salt and pepper. Bake 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Heat oil and garlic in skillet. Add damp spinach and using tongs, toss and cook until spinach is wilted. Stir in lemon juice.
4. Serve salmon atop spinach and with mashed potatoes.
- Overnight Expert: How to Conceal a HangoverOnce in a while, it's okay to get wild on a weeknight: Just be sure that you make it through the next day (and still look like a rockstar) by using tips for hiding your hangover at work.
- Can Eating Fruits and Veggies Make You Happier?Load up on produce: A new study finds a surprising connection between how much you eat—and your happiness.