No matter what your New Years Resolution is, chances are, eating better is a part of it. So tonight, whip up this insanely simple Greek Salad recipe, courtesy of GRK Fresh, a new Greek casual restaurant in New York City.
Seriously. It makes the perfect starter or side for a lean, protein-rich meal, packing a ton of natural nutritional boosts. You’ve got tomatoes (a power fruit loaded with antioxidants), Kalamata olives and olive oil (excellent sources of monounsaturated fats), and cucumbers (a vegetable with potassium and Vitamin C). Sounds much better than some limp greens and store-bought dressing, right?
- 6 vine tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 4 Kapello peppers
- 3 red onions
- 1 lb. Greek feta cheese
- Kalamata olives
- Cut tomatoes into wedges, about 6 pieces per tomato.
- Peel cucumbers, then slice into thin half moons.
- Slice each pepper in half, then de-seed and cut into small links.
- Halve the red onions, then slice into slivers.
- Cube the Greek feta cheese.
- Toss the ingredients with the dressing* until coated. Serve immediately.
*To make the dressing: Combine 1 part Greek olive oil to 2 parts balsamic or red wine vinegar. Blend with Greek oregano until thoroughly combined; season with salt to taste.