There’s more to a marriage proposal than you think. Guarantee you get a yes—and that your girlfriend isn’t embarrassed by her engagement ring—with this guide.
4. Buy the Ring—and Hide Your Tracks
Too many women know a proposal’s coming because their boyfriends neglected to do some cover-up work. So if you buy a ring online, clear your web history! And don’t leave bank statements lying around—a $5,000 debit is going to look mighty suspicious. If you already share a bank account, open a new one for yourself several months in advance so you can secretly save up there and withdraw from it without her realizing. And above all, store the ring someplace safe where she’d never go looking, not in the coat closet she opens daily.
comments powered by Disqus
- Editor Obsession: Shoes We LoveOur editors' picks for the best shoes for the coming season.
- Six Spirits That Will Save Your Holiday SeasonThey're key to any holiday gathering.
- 8 Holiday Cocktails Made with MoonshineMust-try recipes from America's most visited distillery.
- Form CheckThe easy reminders for five basic lifts.