He has one of the most famous last names in Hollywood, but Scott Eastwood is much more than just his father’s son.
The May 2015 Men’s Fitness cover star has made his rise as one of the go-to guys for action movies not because he’s the son of Clint Eastwood—but because of his shredded physique and rock-hard abs. Whether it’s playing a Navy SEAL in Suicide Squad, a government agent in The Fate of the Furious, or a World War II soldier in Fury, Eastwood always looks like he could actually step in and be that character in real life.
The reason for that realism? Eastwood’s intense training and workout routine (detailed here for Men’s Fitness), which includes weightlifting, jiu-jitsu training, swimming, surfing, and stand-up paddleboarding.
Much like fellow action stars Vin Diesel, Jason Momoa, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, and Jason Statham, Eastwood likes showing off his physique on social media. Here are Eastwood’s 11 most shredded moments from Instagram:
11. Eastwood gets in a rope workout after some Muay Thai training:
Just like his Fate of the Furious co-star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Justice League star Jason Momoa, Eastwood likes to get down with the weighted battle ropes. Try out this rope training workout from Men's Fitness and tone your muscles.
10. Eastwood takes the call from buddies Chris Pratt and The Rock for the "Pushup Challenge:
Thanks @prattprattpratt and @therock for calling people out this morning. the #22pushupchallenge is to raise awareness for our veterans that are suffering out there. We must never forget about those who fight and die for this country. If you are suffering call 1-800-273-8255 @ludacris know your hungover but I'm challenging you!!!
9. Eastwood pulls ultimate bro move and gets in some yoga while sipping on a beer by the lake:
Looking to add some yoga to your routine? Check out these 9 reasons why you should start practicing yoga, plus these 10 great yoga moves for men.
8. Eastwood needs to keep himself in prime shape for his various action roles. Here he does it with some fight training:
Have you been looking to add some martial arts to your training? Check out this guide from Men's Fitness and pick the right fighting style to help you build muscle and power.
7. Eastwood uses a pushup bar to get himself fit to fight in Pacific Rim: Uprising
Want to blast your chest with something a little spicier than regular pushups? Try these 15 great pushup variations and build your upper body.
6. Eastwood shows off his bicep after stepping in the ring for a training session:
5. How do you top a morning beach run? Try an ocean swim:
Want to look great on the beach this summer? Check out the 6-week built for the beach program from Men's Fitness and get ripped quick.
4. Eastwood gives off some Monday motivation as he flexes his massive arms after a workout:
3. Nothing like getting in a workout with man's best friend along for the ride:
Stand up paddleboarding is a great way to get a six-pack and have a fun workout at the same time. Check out 6 exercises that will get you ready to paddleboard, plus a guide to get you started so you can get shredded.
2. No off days for Eastwood. The actor gets ready for Pacific Rim 2 with some kettlebell training:
Try this kettlebell workout plan from Men's Fitness and build total-body strength while burning off fat in four weeks.
You don't always need a gym. Sometimes all you need is a backyard and some motivation from my boys @tommycaudill @patmillin and @elevated___performance Thanks for the support guys! Happy hump day people. Make sure you go out and do something amazing for YOURSELF. #ItStartsWithOne Training is in full effect for #PacificRim #AustraliaHereICome
1. Eastwood loves his ropes workouts. The actor gets into shape for the smash hit Suicide Squad:
Try this muscle-toning, cardio-intensive workout using battle ropes from Men's Fitness and get shredded.