The Guardians of the Galaxy are ready to save the universe again—and they have the ultimate soundtrack to go along for the ride.
The new May 2017 issue of Men's Fitness is out now! Buy the issue on newsstands and download the new issue from the iTunes store.
The tracklist of the ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Vol. 2’ was released ahead of the film’s debut, and it has some fantastic tracks to help pump you up in the gym.
Director James Gunn told Rolling Stone that the soundtrack was inspired by the mother of Peter Quill—aka Star-Lord, played, of course, by Men’s Fitness cover star Chris Pratt—and has direct ties to the movie.
Fans may remember Fleetwood Mac’s “The Chain” as the song that powered the ultra-awesome first trailer for the film. The rest of the lineup is pretty great too, and makes for an awesome workout playlist:
Pratt got absolutely shredded again to play Star-Lord after sculpting a cut six-pack with this workout routine he detailed for Men’s Fitness.
You can push yourself, too, with the Guardians playlist. This Spotify playlist has the full listing of the new soundtrack, plus some songs from the original 2014 film:
1. “Mr. Blue Sky,” Electric Light Orchestra
2. “Fox on the Run,” Sweet
3. “Lake Shore Drive,” Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah
4. “The Chain,” Fleetwood Mac
5. “Bring it On Home to Me,” Sam Cooke
6. “Southern Nights,” Glen Campbell
7. “My Sweet Lord,” George Harrison
8. “Brandy You’re a Fine Girl,” Looking Glass
9. “Come a Little Bit Closer,” Jay and the Americans
10. “Wham Bang Shang-A-Lang,” Silver
11. “Surrender,” Cheap Trick
12. “Father and Son,” Yusuf / Cat Stevens
13. “Flashlight,” Parliament
14. “Guardians Inferno,” The Sneepers featuring David Hasselhoff