Vegan power food: Chickpeas
"Chickpeas are another versatile ingredient for any plant-based eater—each cup of chickpeas provides 12 grams of protein," says Kent. "They are also great roasted and sprinkled with turmeric."
- 425 g chickpeas
- 15 g Parsley
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 shallots
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp cumin and coriander
- Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp gluten free flour
- 3-4 Tbsp coconut oil for frying
- 60 g tahini
- 1/2 Lemon
- Fresh dill
- Garlic cloves
- Add all ingredients to a food processor baring the flour, breadcrumbs, and coconut oil. Blitz until it forms dough.
- Next add the flour and blitz again. Taste and add more salt and pepper or cumin if you feel it needs it.
- Then place in the fridge while you make the sauce.
-Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Keep whisking until you get a running consistency. It will feel like it will never get there but be patient. It will I promise! Add a little cold water if needed. Taste and add seasoning. Set aside.
- Remove mixture from fridge then using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, spoon the mixture and roll in to small discs.
- Pour the breadcrumbs on to a plate and then roll the falafel in the breadcrumbs making sure they are completely covered.
- Next heat the coconut oil on a medium to high heat and pan fry on both sides. I do them in batches of 5.
- Then finish off in the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees F.
- Serve with a chickpea, tomato and parsley salad, which I drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil.
- Lay the falafel on top and drizzle over the sauce.
10 Muscle-Building Salads >>>