MAKES: 2 SERVINGS
2 slices center-cut bacon, chopped
½ small red onion, halved and thinly sliced (about ½ cup)
2 cups chopped kale leaves
Ground pepper to taste
8 oz black beans, rinsed
4 6-inch whole-wheat tortillas
½ cup shredded
pepper jack cheese
1) Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir often until crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add onion, and cook, stirring
until softened, about
2) Add kale and pepper. Cook and stir until leaves are wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add beans and coarsely mash; stir to combine. Remove skillet from heat.
3) Place tortillas on a work surface.
Spread ¼ cup or more of the bacon and bean filling and 2 tbsp of cheese on half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in
half, pressing gently
4) Wipe out the pan and return to medium heat. Add all 4 quesadillas and cook, turning
once, until golden on both sides, 2 to 4 minutes total.
5) Transfer quesadillas to a platter and serve immediately.
487 calories, 21g protein, 53g carbs, 22g fat