The NBA All-Star game is a showcase: the best basketball players in the world throwing down furious dunks, making amazing passes, and hitting unbelievable shots while playing little—if any—defense.
It’s also a showcase of what hard work in the gym and the training room translates into when it hits the court.
Players like LeBron James, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, and Jimmy Butler all have the natural athletic talent to be in the NBA, but it’s the work they do off the court that makes them All-Stars.
Whether it’s a late-night cardio session, a big deadlift in the weight room, an extra set on the bench press, or massive dumbbell curls, this is what sets these players apart from the rest of the pack.
Here are 10 NBA All-Stars crushing it in the gym:
10. Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
9. Paul George, Indiana Pacers
8. Kevin Love, Cleveland Cavaliers
7. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
6. James Harden, Houston Rockets
5. Gordon Hayward, Utah Jazz
4. DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento Kings
— DeMarcus Cousins (@boogiecousins) July 21, 2016
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
2. Jimmy Butler, Chicago Bulls
1. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers