Way back in Phase I of the Eternal Beach-Body Workout Plan, you spent a month correcting muscle imbalances and rebuilding your foundation for muscle and strength gains. In Phase II, you lifted heavier weights to pack on some size. Now it's time to get cut, ensuring that you step onto the beach with muscles that show, as well as a body that's built to "go."
This time, circuits will be the training tool of choice. You'll do a number of exercises in succession without rest, ramping up your metabolism and working every muscle group in a very short time. Each week, you'll try to perform more circuits within a given time frame, or increase the time you spend doing circuits by a few minutes, thereby increasing your calorie-burning.
At the end of four weeks, you'll have results you can see and feel, and that will last you for summers to come.
Perform each workout (1, 2, 3, etc.) once per week, resting at least a day between each session. You'll complete three workouts per week. Though many of the exercises will be the same, you'll perform a slightly different workout each session.
How to do it
Perform the exercises as straight sets, completing all the prescribed sets for an exercise before moving on.
Unless otherwise stated, use the heaviest weight that allows you to complete all the prescribed repetitions for each set. For most of these exercises, you'll need to be conservative. Focus on keeping perfect form and completing each rep without momentum.
- Workout 25 (Phase III, Week 1, Workout 1)
- Workout 26 (Phase III, Week 1, Workout 2)
- Workout 27 (Phase III, Week 1, Workout 3)
- Workout 28 (Phase III, Week 2, Workout 1)
- Workout 29 (Phase III, Week 2, Workout 2)
- Workout 30 (Phase III, Week 2, Workout 3)
- Workout 31 (Phase III, Week 3, Workout 1)
- Workout 32 (Phase III, Week 3, Workout 2)
- Workout 33 (Phase III, Week 3, Workout 3)
- Workout 34 (Phase III, Week 4, Workout 1)
- Workout 35 (Phase III, Week 4, Workout 2)
- Workout 36 (Phase III, Week 4, Workout 3)