Travel removes us from our routine and throws us out of sync. To alleviate the stresses of being on-the-go while trying to keep up with our fitness, we asked trainer Tim McComsey, C.P.T., correspondent to HumanFitProject and founder of TRyM Fitness, to demonstrate a simple dumbbell workout that can be done anywhere.
Complete the circuit for 3-5 rounds. Take 30-60 seconds of rest in between rounds.
1. Dumbbell row to shoulder press
- With two dumbbells at your side, slightly bend forward at the hips.
- Pull the dumbbells up while squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Lift the dumbbells up to your shoulders and press overhead.
2. Dumbbell squat to lateral raise
- While holding two dumbbells at your side with your feet slighty wider than shoulder-width, sit back into a squat position.
- When your quads/thighs are nearly parallel with the ground, drive upwards while raising the dumbbells to your sides.
3. Rear delt row to deadlift
- Hold two dumbbells at your side with your palms facing inward.
- Bent forward at the hips, raise your elbows up, then return to the start position while keeping your back straight and head forward.
- After completion of the delt row, stand up straight (deadlift) then return back to the row position.
- Place your hands at shoulder-width with your back straight and core braced.
- Lower yourself slowly and explode upwards.
5. Mountain climbers
- While in the pushup position with your core braced, alternate bringing each knee toward your chest as rapidly as possible.