Blocks 4 per serving Yield 1 serving
4 ea. - 1oz. Slices Cold Smoked (Sugar Brine) Salmon
2 oz. Buttermilk
1 ea. Yam (Peeled/Diced)
4 cups Mesclun Greens
1/4 cup Red Onion (Sliced)
1/4 cup Red/Yellow Grape Tomatoes
1/4 cup Seedless Cucumber (Coin Cut)
1 Tbsp. Nonpareil Capers
1 tsp. Lemon Rind
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1/4 cup 'Lite' Mayonnaise
Instructions: 1) In a sauce pot place yams in enough water to cover and simmer until tender, drain and let cool.
2) Combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, lemon rind and juice, mixing well to make dressing.
3) Toss the yams and coat in half of the dressing. Reserve remaining half.
1) Place the greens on a plate with the dressed yams and surround with grape tomatoes, cucumbers and red onion.
2) Top with the smoked salmon slices and garnish with the capers.
3) Serve the remaining dressing on the side.